PEN ARGYL – Rep. Ann Flood (R-Northampton) today announced over $300,000 in new funding for necessary projects within the Slate Belt and surrounding areas. These grants were funded by gaming revenues from the Local Share Account (LSA).
“I have lived here in the Lehigh Valley for my entire life, and I am more than pleased to see this funding be approved so that we can continue to enjoy and improve life in our communities,” Flood said. “These various projects will benefit area residents for years to come and I was happy to work together with Sen. Lisa Boscola to secure this important funding.”
Boscola (D-Lehigh/Northampton) was also pleased to see this funding approved for the residents of the Lehigh Valley.
“It was my pleasure to work with Rep. Flood to secure these state funds that will allow Slate Belt communities to expedite important projects that will improve the quality of life and increase community safety,” Boscola added.
The LSA grants are as follows:
• Bangor Borough – $89,609 for a salt shed for salt storage and an additional storage bay. The salt shed will consolidate four existing sheds throughout the borough into one location.
• Bushkill Township – $39,608 for the purchase of equipment to repair roads in Bushkill and Moore townships.
• Bushkill Township – $41,985 for the purchase of a 2023 Ford Interceptor police patrol SUV for use throughout the township.
• Bushkill Township – $50,000 for the purchase of a new heavy rescue truck.
• Forks Township – $32,485 for the purchase of new police officer equipment and a safety plan.
• Lower Mount Bethel Township – $7,045 for the purchase of a security system for the township offices.
• Pen Argyl Borough – $64,629 for the Weona Park pool renovations.
• Pen Argyl Borough – $57,021 for regional police vehicles for the Slate Belt Regional Police Department.
Act 71 of 2004 provides for the distribution of gaming revenues through the CFA to support projects of public interest within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
If you have any state related questions, call Flood’s district office in Pen Argyl at 610-746-2100. You can also follow her on Facebook for district and Harrisburg happenings at Facebook.com/RepAnnFlood
or on her website at repannflood.com
Representative Ann Flood
138th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jordan Walters